Re: used by LogLogPlot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112955] Re: used by LogLogPlot?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 03:38:20 -0400 (EDT)

On 10/6/10 at 3:15 AM, nma at 12000.org (Nasser M. Abbasi) wrote:

>I want to use LogLogPlot, say as in LogLogPlot[x,{x,.1,1}], but I
>want the Log to be in base 10, not in base e as the default used.

I don't understand the problem here. Do

LogLogPlot[x^5, {x, .01, 10}]

Note, the axis ticks are incremented as if base 10 were used.
Why does it matter that Mathematica uses base e internally to
create the plot? Any one who uses the plot will clearly use the
scales Mathematica provides. Tagging data with a Tooltip causes
it to report the actual value, not the log of the value in
either base.