Binary data file conversion

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112988] Binary data file conversion
  • From: Benjamin Lederfine Paskal <blpaskal at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 06:35:40 -0400 (EDT)

I have saved data in the binary format used to store the values in
Real64 with big-endian byte ordering. This real value is then followed
by sextuples of real values.  I have no program that is able to open
this data and make it readable and am trying to decode it in
Mathematica.  What I have so far:

(* Function to Read binary output file *)
ReadResults[filename_] := BinaryReadList[ filename, "Real64",
ByteOrdering -> +1];

(* Readouput file and store content in fileData *)
rawData = ReadResults["fileName.dat"];

But have no idea how to get an output that displays the data in a
viewable table or matrix form?

Please help, not even sure if the above is correct