Why I keep getting error exporting notebooks to HTML? Crashes Mathematica,

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113062] Why I keep getting error exporting notebooks to HTML? Crashes Mathematica,
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 04:28:12 -0400 (EDT)

This problem seems very annoying now. I am not able to export to html
some notebooks. I have not checked everyone that I have, but now, I
tried to export a notebook I am working on, and the same problem that
happened to me the other day with the other notebook, happened again
with this one, Mathematica crashed, or loops and stops responding. Has
to terminate it.

It is a small notebook, some table formatted, that is all. So what is
the problem? I put the notebook here:

http://12000.org/tmp/oct_11_2010/handout1_table.nb

May be Table Formatted is what causing the problem. I'll try to
investigate more.

Using version 7, on windows 7.  I can't ask WRI for support as this I am
a student and I do not have the extended support thing. I thought
someone here might have a look and can spot what I am doing wrong if any.

I simply do FILE->SAVE AS, and select "save as web page", and it starts
to write the HTML file, then few seconds later, it goes into a spin. I
see it exports to html part of the notebook only.

I try to save the whole notebook, not part of it.

I sure hope they improve HTML export in version 8, because it seem this
part is a little on the not too robust side.

--Nasser