Re: Graphics3D. How to join random points with a single

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113114] Re: Graphics3D. How to join random points with a single
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:40:07 -0400 (EDT)

> Maybe FindCurvePath will prove useful.
>
> Carl Woll
> Wolfram Research

Interesting function -- but not a very fortuitous name for it IMHO
(unless it's a term of art in some field outside my background??).

In fact, I'd read it as meaning something like  "Find the Curve
associated with some given Path" or maybe "Find the Path associated with
some given Curve"  -- but I'd certainly never think of searching under
that term if I wanted to do what the OP wanted to do.

Too bad this command is not referred or linked to _at all_ in the Help
pages for any of the commands like ListPlot, ListLinePlot, ListPlot3D,
or in the Joined option, or any of the other more commonplace commands
that might be starting points for this objective.