Re: More Mathematica CAN'T do than CAN???

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg113347] Re: More Mathematica CAN'T do than CAN???
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <kjm at KevinMcCann.com>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 06:38:28 -0400 (EDT)

A couple of comments. First, if I could do "only" half the problems in
mathematics, which is probably an infinite number, I would be happy
indeed! Second, the implication is that your learned friend actually
knows all the mathematics there is so that he can be assured of his facts.
I use Mathematica almost exclusively for mathematical physics and data analysis,and have yet to find a circumstance where it isn't up to the task, and,
for that matter, cannot foresee where it will fail. Admittedly, I am
interested in far less than "all" of mathematics, but it is good for me.

Kevin