Re: How to delay action of ...[[i]] (Part[...,i]) until

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112294] Re: How to delay action of ...[[i]] (Part[...,i]) until
  • From: Greylander <greylander at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 00:58:19 -0400 (EDT)

Peter, thanks.  That colon : notation will also be helpful, as I had
not discovered that yet.  Although this works for my small example, I
was looking for a more general solution for referencing parts of lists
without unintentionally referencing the parts of expressions that
should evaluate to lists, which I figured out (see previous post).  I
define my own restricted version of Part[], and for more elegant
notation (and faster entry) I also defined subscripting to act as a
list-restricted version of [[]].

Scott