Re: an issue of consistency

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112372] Re: an issue of consistency
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 05:44:43 -0400 (EDT)
On 10 Sep 2010, at 11:54, Albert Retey wrote:

> It' hard to say since you do not provide the reasons that you don't
> understand :-)

Well, as can be easily guessed, when I wrote I "did not understand" I was only trying to be polite to the person in Technical Support. I won't quote the actual "explanation" since I think it would be too much of an embarrassment to WRI and the person concerned. What worries me, however, is that it now seems that WRI's concentration of Wolfram Alpha has left Mathematica Technical support staffed by people who seem to be what we would here call Mathematica "newbies". Perhaps after all the right approach to bug and such problems these days is to post them here and hope that one of our WRI regulars will see it and pass it on to the right person.

Andrzej Kozlowski