Re: an issue of consistency

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112380] Re: an issue of consistency
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 05:46:12 -0400 (EDT)

I would say that such behavior is *clearly* inconsistent, especially
since the use of the two examples below would require that you actually
know that one answer is algebraic and the other not in order to modify
the code appropriately. Of course in this example it is obvious, but I
can imagine a large looped calculation which produces both types and you
don't have the luxury of checking each one.

Kevin