ListVectorPlot - plotting at specific points

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112581] ListVectorPlot - plotting at specific points
  • From: gopher <gophergoon at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 02:04:07 -0400 (EDT)

Contrary to the documentation, listing pairs of points and vectors i.e

ListVectorFieldPlot[{{{0, 0}, {1, 1}}}]
gives an error:

ListVectorPlot::vfldata: {{{0,0},{1,1}}} is not a valid vector field
dataset or a valid list of datasets.

.After a lot of searching I found that the deprecated
<< "VectorFieldPlots`"
ListVectorFieldPlot[{{{0, 0}, {1, 1}}}]
does work, but doesn't look as nice, especially the 3d version.
Various settings of the VectorPoints options also don't work. Is there
a solution? I am trying to make some simple examples of vector fields
on spheres to illustrate the Hairy Ball theorem.

Abhishek