Re: Doesn't work in Mathematica 8
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120653] Re: Doesn't work in Mathematica 8
- From: Ralph Dratman <ralph.dratman at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 07:12:37 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <201107311126.HAA05223@smc.vnet.net>
There is still a great deal to be learned about Batman functions. An early paper by Watson presciently suggested that the Robin Manifold should be piecewise isomorphic to the upper half of the Holmes plane, but seems to have dropped the subject after 1854. Wayne (1962) suggested that an invertible mapping onto Joker polynomials is always possible. Meanwhile, two Finnish groups are looking for counterexamples to the Alfred Conjecture.