Re: Mathgroup on Google Groups
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120742] Re: Mathgroup on Google Groups
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 04:21:10 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In article <j1lonf$nn5$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Armand Tamzarian <mike.honeychurch at gmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone know why Google Groups isn't updating Mathgroup posts? > This has been happening on and off a few times. This current "bout" > has lasted 6 days so far. > > > [It has been reported that posts to moderated Google Groups at least > are failing recently. Google is aware of this. Posts to the group > are getting through to other news servers, just not to Google - moderator.] Threads on other Usenet newsgroups (unrelated to c.s-s.m.m) have reported that Google Groups is either in some kind of temporary changeover or unannounced transition in its operations, or (more likely) is cutting way, way back on the number of Usenet groups that it is recording, linking to, archiving, or whatever else it does.