MathGroup Archive 2011

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Re: Feature idea (may already be there)

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120817] Re: Feature idea (may already be there)
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 05:13:38 -0400 (EDT)
  • Delivered-to: l-mathgroup@mail-archive0.wolfram.com
  • References: <j10l2t$ot8$1@smc.vnet.net>

Szabolcs Horvat posted a very nice function for just this purpose a
while back:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_frm/thread/6c2214cbad3ff3/045aa9dfc46ba9cb?lnk=gst&q=zoom+szabolcs#045aa9dfc46ba9cb

I have it in my toolbox.

On Jul 30, 6:06 am, "McHale, Paul" <Paul.McH... at excelitas.com> wrote:
> I often have trouble viewing large amounts of data.  Especially when I want to zoom in on a feature.  The only way I know to do it is Manipulate[] or Plot[] with manually chosen limits.  Is there another way to pan and zoom on a plot?  It would also be great if we could view these settings and pass them to Plot[] as a parameter to achieve similar results in subsequent executions of Plot[].
>
> Of course, this assumes that this would also be applied to ListPlot*, Plot*...
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
>
> Paul McHale  |  Electrical Engineer, Energetics Systems  |  Excelitas Technologies Corp.
>
> Phone:   +1 937.865.3004   |   Fax:  +1 937.865.5170   |   Mobile:   +1 937.371.2828
> 1100 Vanguard Blvd, Miamisburg, Ohio 45342-0312 USA
> Paul.McH... at Excelitas.com<mailto:Paul.McH... at perkinelmer.com>www.excelitas.com<http://www.excelitas.com>
>
> [cid:image001.... at 01CB9136.E3D96D90]
>
> Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
> This email message and any attachments are confidential and proprietary to Excelitas Technologies Corp. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please inform the sender by replying to this email or sending a message to the sender and destroy the message and any attachments.
> Thank you

• Prev by Date: Re: Getting TraditionalForm to put in a multiplication sign.
  • Next by Date: Re: Just another Mathematica "Gotcha"
  • Previous by thread: Re: Feature idea (may already be there)
  • Next by thread: Re: Ctrl+Number Shortcuts doesn't work