Re: Double Clicking (was: Just another Mathematica "Gotcha")

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120899] Re: Double Clicking (was: Just another Mathematica "Gotcha")
  • From: "andre.robin3" <andre.robin3 at wanadoo.fr>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 20:19:01 -0400 (EDT)

I use the multi-cliking functionality permanently.

It is very usefull, particulary :
1) to select nearly anything.
2) to see the precedence of operator.

But It wortks only on my personnal computer (my private local licence), not
on the computer I use professionally (on a network). I used instead the
shortcut "Ctrl+."

I suspect that many people are not aware of the multi-click functionality
for this reason.
It's a shame : it exists since more than 15 years.

Concerning precedence, the most current pitfall is effectively "//" mixed
with "/."
Apart from this case, problem with precedence ara very rare. Wolfram has
seriously studied this problem, and was astonished to discover that
everybody interpret
precedence nearly on the same manner (I can't remember my sources, Wolfram
literature probably)

j25l68$p0h$1 at smc.vnet.net...