Re: CDF files now on Gyre&Gimble (math blog)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121097] Re: CDF files now on Gyre&Gimble (math blog)
  • From: "Stephen Luttrell" <steve at _removemefirst_stephenluttrell.com>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 04:04:35 -0400 (EDT)

I found a way of publishing CDF on Blogger blog by scavenging the source of
the Wolfram blog post at
http://blog.wolfram.com/2011/07/15/mathematica-qa-creating-movie-files. If
the 2 pieces of HTML that I quote below have become damaged in this post,
then they can easily be found in the Wolfram blog post.

STEP 1:

In Blogger go to Dashboard / <blogname> / Settings / Design / Edit HTML /
Insert the following code between <head> and "</head>" (this needs to be
done only once):

<script
src='http://blog.wolfram.com/common/javascript/cdfplugin/1.0/cdfplugin.js?ver=2.8.4'
type='text/javascript'/>

STEP 2:

Create your new blogger post with everything except the CDF content.

STEP 3:

In Blogger select Edit HTML, and then insert the following code into the
body of your post where you want a CDF to appear (this is an exact copy of
some code from the Wolfram blog post above - no doubt this could be pruned
as necessary):

#e8e8e8; border: 1px solid rgb(160, 160, 160); color: #333333; height:
300px; margin-bottom: 15px; text-align: center; width: 450px;">
<noscript>&lt;br /&gt;    &lt;p style="margin: 0; padding: 10px 10px
0"&gt;To view the full content of this page, please enable JavaScript in
your browser. &lt;br /&gt;    Learn more &lt;a
href="http://www.wolframalpha.com/jsMac.html"&gt;here&lt;/a&gt;.&lt;/p&gt;
</noscript>

To view this content, please install <em>Wolfram CDF Player</em>. You can
install the free <em>CDF Player</em> <a
href="http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/download-cdf-player.html";
title="Wolfram CDF Player">here</a>.</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
var cdf = new cdf_plugin();
cdf.addCDFObject("A0a80e4147b724017e6b37e1ab7e8f9c5",
"http://blog.wolfram.com/data/uploads/2011/07/Animation11.cdf";, 450, 300);
</script></div>

Finally, publish your post.

You can see the result of this feasibility test at
http://stephenluttrell.blogspot.com/2011/07/embedding-computable-document-in.html.

To publish your own CDF, I presume that all you need to change is the
"http://blog.wolfram.com/data/uploads/2011/07/Animation11.cdf"; to point to
wherever your own CDF is located.

Good luck!

--