CDF file works at home, not when posted on WordPress

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121116] CDF file works at home, not when posted on WordPress
  • From: Charles Wells <charles.wells at case.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 03:47:40 -0400 (EDT)

I have produced a CDF file that works correctly when CDF runs a copy of it
on my own computer, but when I post it on my WordPress blog and then view
the post in a browser, it shows up with the typical Mathematica pink boxes
and error messages.  (I have tried it with FireFox, IE8 and Chrome).

I don't understand why there is a difference, so I am asking for help both
on the Mathematica discussion list and on the WordPress discussion list.

The CDF file is embedded in a blog post here:
http://www.abstractmath.org/Word%20Press/?p=2278

The post loads the copy from here (anyone can download it):
http://www.abstractmath.org/Mathematica/CompositeDiagram.cdf

One difference is the when loaded into CDF Player from my own computer I get
the usual message, "This file contains potentially unsafe dynamic content"
with an "Enable Dynamics " button. Push the button and it works.  The posted
copy does not show that message and it does not work.

These are the steps I went through to prepare the file for posting on
WordPress:

    Insert SaveDefinitions?->True as an option to Manipulate into the .nb
file.
    Save file as .cdf file.
    Click Evaluation, then Evaluate File.
    In the .cdf file, select all the cells except the output of Manipulate,
Click Cell, the click Cell Properties, then uncheck Open.
    Click Format, then Style, then in the box that appears click Other .
Type PluginEmbeddedContent if it is not already there, then click OK.
    Click Format, click Option Inspector.  Pull down the menu for
Selection.  One of the choices should be the name of your file.  Click that.
    If the other pulldown window does not say Category, pull that menu down
and click Category.
    Search for ShowCellBracket and click it so that it says False, then
click Apply.
    Search for ShowCellLabel and click it so that it says False, then click
Apply.
    Search for Deployed and check it True, then click Apply.
    Search for TrustedPath, select it if it is greyed out, and click Apply.

Charles Wells

--
professional website: http://www.cwru.edu/artsci/math/wells/home.html
blog: http://sixwingedseraph.wordpress.com/