Overlaid parametric plots are too faint

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123644] Overlaid parametric plots are too faint
  • From: Chris Young <cy56 at comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 06:00:58 -0500 (EST)

I'm trying to get a fast, sharp plot of a disk divided into color
sectors, to be used to illustrate complex mappings. Based on some
experimenting, it seems to me that doing lots of parametric plots is
sharper and faster than using mesh functions and color functions. The
only problem is, each time the whole disk seems to get overlaid onto
the plots that are already there, causing the sectors to get very faint.

Here's a brightly colored single sector:

Show[
 Table[
  ParametricPlot[
   {
    Through[{Re, Im}[u Exp[(- 15 ° + 30 ° v ) I]]]
    },
   {u, 0, 1}, {v, 0, 1},

   Mesh -> None,
   BoundaryStyle -> None,
   PlotStyle -> Red
   ],
  {k, 0, 11}
  ],
 PlotRange -> 1.1
 ]

And here's how they fade out when they're overlaid:

Show[
 Table[
  ParametricPlot[
   {
    Through[{Re, Im}[u Exp[(- 15 \[Degree] + (k + v) 30 \[Degree]) I]]]
    },
   {u, 0, 1}, {v, 0, 1},

   Mesh -> None,
   MeshStyle -> None,