Re: Overlaid parametric plots are too faint

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123685] Re: Overlaid parametric plots are too faint
  • From: Heike Gramberg <heike.gramberg at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 04:56:24 -0500 (EST)

The plot looks washed out because by default, ParametricPlot plots
graphs with an opacity of about .2. Try setting  PlotStyle->{Opacity[1],
Hue[=85.]}. The reason the first graph is brightly coloured is because
you're plotting 12 copies of the same (semi-tranparent) sector on top of
each other.

By the way, you could also use Disk to plot the sectors, e.g.

Graphics[Table[{Hue[k/12, 1, 1],
   Disk[{0, 0}, 1, k 30 Degree + {-15 Degree, 15 Degree}]}, {k, 0,
   11}], Frame -> True]

Heike