remove tick labels

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg123869] remove tick labels
  • From: markus <markusg.phys at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 07:09:03 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

is there a simple way in Mathematica to remove the tick labels from a
plot while keeping the tick marks?
I know that in principle one could specify all the tick mark
positions, formatting and labels in a list as an argument to the plot
function, but this is quite cumbersome. What I want is to let
Mathematica create all the ticks automatically and the remove just the
labels afterwards. I thought it should be possible by manipulating the
output of the plot command in some way, but I haven't found out yet.

Regards,
Markus