Re: some demonstrations no longer work right in version 8

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116085] Re: some demonstrations no longer work right in version 8
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 06:54:26 -0500 (EST)

Hello Daniel;

> I cannot comment without seeing the Demonstration(s) in question.

I have 3 of my 11 demos with some problems running now inside the V8 plugin:

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/PowerEfficiencyOfAmplitudeModulation/

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/InfiniteImpulseResponseIIRDigitalLowPassFilterDesignByButter/
(need to first choose the "specific order" method to see the error, plotting issue?)

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/AnalysisOfASingleSpanEulerBernoulliBeamUnderDifferentLoading/
(does not even load into the browser right).

> Certainly some options and the like may have changed. While nobody likes
> for that to happen, there are cases where we really cannot move forward
> without addressing problematic design. I'm just happy this does not
> happen more frequently.
>
> Daniel Lichtblau
> Wolfram Research

thanks