Re: Home Edition limitations?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115137] Re: Home Edition limitations?
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 04:55:02 -0500 (EST)

On 01/01/2011 09:24, HM wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently bought Mathematica Home Edition 8. So far, a highly
> interesting experience. But when I open the Option Inspector and
> change a value (say DelimiterFlashTime 0.3 ->  0.8), the change is not
> executed. Is this because of Home Edition as opposed to the full
> priced version? If so, what other differences can I expect?
>
> Regards
> Hans

As I understand it, there are NO restrictions of this sort in the home
edition.

When using the Option Inspector, you have to be careful to set it to
operate at the right level - which is often not the default of
"Selection". You may want to set that option at the notebook level, or
globally. You probably ended up setting DelimiterFlashTime on just one cell!

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk