MathLink with Mathematica Home Edition 8.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115521] MathLink with Mathematica Home Edition 8.0
  • From: Leonardo Oregano <olivier.baillard at web.de>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 03:28:22 -0500 (EST)

Hi everybody,

I just purchase the Mathematica Home Edition 8.0 (I am an hobby
mathematician and can not afford to buy the full version of
Mathematica).

Previously I was using Mathematica Home Edition 7.0 and MathLink.

After installing Mathematica 8.0, I am missing the MathLink in "C:\Program
Files (x86)\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\8.0\SystemFiles\Links".
Instead of this, there is a new folder "LibraryLink" which I don't
know exactly what is it. Looking on the Wolfram website, I found that
LibraryLink allows dynamic libraries to be directly loaded into the
Mathematica kernel. Seems to be good. But what about MathLink? Does
LibraryLink replaces MathLink? Again on the Wolfram Website I can find
documentation about MathLink for Mathematica 8.0. So what! May be is
MathLink no more a component of Mathematica 8.0 but you nee the full version
of Mathematica 8.0 to get it.

Does somebody knows something about this?

Thanks,
Leonardo