Re: MathLink with Mathematica Home Edition 8.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115699] Re: MathLink with Mathematica Home Edition 8.0
  • From: Patrick Scheibe <pscheibe at trm.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 05:53:35 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

that's somewhat strange since in the FAQ at Wolfram they say:

Q: How is Mathematica Home Edition different from the professional
version of Mathematica?
Mathematica Home Edition includes all of the functionality found in the
professional version. The difference is that Mathematica Home Edition is
only authorized for use on personally owned computers for
non-professional and non-academic purposes.

The LibraryLink you mentioned is new to Mathematica 8. It allows you to
write functions-code into a library (e.g. dll on Windoze) which can be
called from a running Mathematica.

The SystemFiles/Links directory contains on my machine

CalendarTools
CUDALink
DatabaseLink
FDLLink
GPUTools
JLink
LibraryLink
MathLink
NETLink
OpenCLLink
OpenSURF
Python
TetGenLink
WebServices
XMLSchema

Maybe someone from Wolfram can clear this.

Cheers
Patrick