Re: adding a keyboard shortcut for double brackets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115774] Re: adding a keyboard shortcut for double brackets
  • From: Barrie Stokes <Barrie.Stokes at newcastle.edu.au>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 06:31:12 -0500 (EST)

Hi David

Re:"Why not simply do the shortcut twice to obtain [[]]",
because I want the notation to be same as the result of my "Esc [ [  Esc Esc ] ] Esc left arrow" keystroke sequence, i.e. I want not the repeated single "[" and "]", but the pair of symbols represented at the Expression level by \[LeftDoubleBracket] and \[RightDoubleBracket].

The only key on a PC that could be thought of as equivalent to the Macintosh Command key is the "Windows" key, and it doesn't seem to play the same role. On my Windows 7 system, Alt+] is sufficient to get the pair of single brackets [] with the cursor between them.

Barrie

<OFFAEBBE61.CF534136-ON8525781D.005C66C7-8525781D.00612663 at terc.edu>, David