Re: adding a keyboard shortcut for double brackets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115892] Re: adding a keyboard shortcut for double brackets
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 04:19:12 -0500 (EST)

Hi Paul,

It looks good, but doesn't work for me. Nothing happens. Are you sure
BTW that the last keyname should be "Command" instead of Alt? Sounds
mac-speek to me.

Cheers -- Sjoerd

On Jan 22, 9:20 am, gl... at flashmail.com wrote:
> Hello Barrie,
>
> What you want is not difficult.  Since you will modify a system file,
> make a back-up copy.
>
> Open the
> file:
> ($InstallationDirectory)\SystemFiles\FrontEnd\TextResources\Windows\KeyEv=
entTranslations.tr

> Modify it to read:
> .
> .
> .
> EventTranslations[{
>
> (* User-added keyboard commands *)
>          Item[KeyEvent["[", Modifiers -> {Control}],
>                  FrontEndExecute[{
>                          FrontEnd`NotebookWrite=
[FrontEnd`InputNotebook[],
>                                  "\[Lef=
tDoubleBracket]", After]
>                  }]],
>          Item[KeyEvent["]", Modifiers -> {Control}],
>                  FrontEndExecute[{
>                          FrontEnd`NotebookWrite=
[FrontEnd`InputNotebook[],
>                                  "\[Rig=
htDoubleBracket]", After]
>                  }]],
>          Item[KeyEvent["]", Modifiers -> {Control, Command}],
>                  FrontEndExecute[{
>                          FrontEnd`NotebookWrite=
[FrontEnd`InputNotebook[],
>                                  "\[Lef=