Preventing In-line Math Typesetting From Being Scaled Down in Text Cells

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120437] Preventing In-line Math Typesetting From Being Scaled Down in Text Cells
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at jmsb.concordia.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 19:46:07 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,

When I include fractions as inline math typesetting, they are scaled down to fit the effective line height of the cell.  How can I prevent this or, I guess, make the line height automatically expand to accommodate the math?  If my regular text in the cell is 12-point times, I'd like all math variables that are not subscripts or superscripts to be 12-point as well.

Incidentally, other big typeset objects like matrices are not scaled down, or at least they down't appear to be.

Sincerely,

Gregory