Re: Mapping to Create Nested Loops

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119391] Re: Mapping to Create Nested Loops
  • From: Heike Gramberg <heike.gramberg at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 06:54:38 -0400 (EDT)

Do you want to gather the entries of all the arrays in 3 large lists, or do you want to generate red, blue
and green lists for each array separately? In the first case you could try

Cases[{myArray1, myArray2, myArray3}, {__, __, #, __, __, __}, Infinity] & /@ {red, blue, green}

which searches all levels of {myArray1,...,myArray3} for the given pattern.  In the second case you could
do something like

Function[{lst}, Cases[{lst}, {__, __, #, __, __, __}] & /@ {red, blue, green}] /@ {myArray1, myArray2, myArray3}

Then %[[1]] would give you the red, blue, green lists for myArray1, etc.

Heike.