Re: getting empty lines when copying as MathML

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119773] Re: getting empty lines when copying as MathML
  • From: "Hobbs, Sylvia (DPH)" <sylvia.hobbs at state.ma.us>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 07:24:31 -0400 (EDT)

You could just paste the MathML code into Microsoft Word, then click on Edit, click on Find, type ^p^p, click on Replace, then type ^p, click on Replace all, then it becomes:

<math xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML'
    mathematica:form='StandardForm'
    xmlns:mathematica='http://www.wolfram.com/XML/'>
 <mrow>
  <msup>
   <mi>x</mi>
   <mn>2</mn>
  </msup>
  <mo>+</mo>
  <mrow>

If MathML code has been already pasted into text email or HTML and you are copying it from there, the paragraph mark becomes a manual line. So after pasting into Microsoft Word, then clicking on Edit, then Find, you would instead go to the bottom of the find and replace menu, click on special, click on manual line break twice, then click on Replace, type ^p, then Replace all.

Sylvia Hobbs