Stylesheet questions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119866] Stylesheet questions
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 07:30:24 -0400 (EDT)

1)  As of version 8 (maybe earlier), comments using the  (*---*)
notation in Input cells seem to be displayed in a light gray color, at
least in the Default notebook style and maybe others.

What's the recipe for converting these comments to some other color (and
maybe also some other font), either in a customized stylesheet or even
in all stylesheets globally?

[The more step-by-step this recipe is, the better for me!]

2)  At a more general level, I'm happy to have the syntax color-coding
that's used in recent versions of Mathematica, provided the colors are
"bright" enough or have high enough contrast.  My age-deteriorating
vision does not do well, however, with text presented at reduced levels
of contrast or in "washed out" colors.

Any global stylesheet setting(s) that will address this issue globally?

3)  Stylesheets are one of the more arcane areas of Mathematica coding.
I have Heikki Ruskeepaa's Navigator and some other manuals; but is there
some really good all-in-one vade mecum for stylesheet editing to be
found anywhere in the Mathematica documentation?

Thanks for any advice.