Re: Stylesheet questions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119893] Re: Stylesheet questions
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 07:56:31 -0400 (EDT)

If you want to change the comment color for all notebooks, the simplest
way is to use the Mathematica Preferences dialog. On Mac, it's menu item
Mathematica > Preferences. Under Windows, if I recall, it's Edit >
Preferences.

On the Preferences window, select the Appearance item and its Syntax
Coloring sub-item.

There select the Other subsubitem. The first thing in the list of
several you can change is the coloring for comments.

Click the gray box next to that to bring up a color chooser.

The same thing can be done using the Option Inspector. Select whether
you want the change for Global Preferences (which is what the method
described above does), Selected Notebook, or even Selection (if you just
want the change for some cells in a notebook).

There search for Comment. You'll see in the displayed tree:

   Formatting Options
      Private Editing Options
         AutoStyleOptions
            "HighlightComments"
            "CommentStyle"

The two items at the lowest level there are set to True and to a style
that includes, among other things, FontColor -> GrayLevel[0.6].

Just change the latter. If you want an actual color rather than some
gray level, you'll need to use the form RGBColor[r,g,b] rather than any
name color. E.g., RGBColor[1,0,0] rather than Red.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305