OpenCL

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119890] OpenCL
  • From: Arthur Evans <24evansa at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 07:55:59 -0400 (EDT)

Has anybody got OpenCL working ? After a LOT of effort I had OpenCLQ[]
return True on my system with Radeon 5850 / win7 64 / i7 with all the
appropriate drivers and software (and was able to run several of the
example notebooks), however after upgrading to 8.01 I get the
following message "OpenCLMemoryAllocate::invdevnm: "OpenCL is not
supported on device "ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series "". My friend with a
Radeon HD 6800 Series receives a similar message. This is highly
unfortunate for myself as I upgraded from v.7 specifically for this
feature.

I have actually made a complete fresh install of Windows 7 64bit,
installed only Mathematica and the latest AMD Catalyst Driver (with
APP), and the ATI Stream SDK, as suggested in Mathematica
documentation, to no avail whatsoever. I cannot even manage to get
OpenCLQ[] to return True. Yet it previously worked. Same situation
with my friend.

Anybody have any advice to offer?

Best regards,

Arthur