Weighted Histogram

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119932] Weighted Histogram
  • From: fractal11 <trchan at mit.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 06:30:50 -0400 (EDT)

Mathematica has very nice histogram graphics.  I would like to use it to histogram weighted data (in particular, I would like multiple _weighted_ data sets stacked on top of each other)

histograming {{0, 2}, {1, 3}} for example, would be equivalent to histograming {0,0,1,1,1}.  Of course, the weights need not be integers.

Can Mathematica's Histogram function support this?  If it does not, is there a way to get a graphics object that looks like the histogram (including stacked histograms), but with user control over the heights?