Re: Reading Data Table

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119945] Re: Reading Data Table
  • From: "McHale, Paul" <Paul.McHale at excelitas.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 20:41:07 -0400 (EDT)

One quick way to do it is to read it in as a string and then use ImportString [] to sort it out.

TestA.Txt:
1 2 3
4 5 6

In= mList=Import["c:\\testa.txt"];
In= mList=ImportString[mList,"Table"]

Out= {{1,2,3},{4,5,6}}

OR

In= ReadList["C:\\testa.txt", Number, RecordLists -> True, WordSeparators-> {" ", "\[Backslash]t"}, RecordSeparators -> {"\r\n", "\n", "\r"}]

Out= {{1,2,3},{4,5,6}}

Note: Don't leave Number specifier out!  Also, here is the URL in the help system that I used (if it helps):

tutorial/ReadingTextualData

Type that into the search box in the help system.

Paul McHale  |  Electrical Engineer, Energetics Systems  |  Excelitas Technologies Corp.

Phone:   +1 937.865.3004   |   Fax:  +1 937.865.5170   |   Mobile:   +1 937.371.2828
1100 Vanguard Blvd, Miamisburg, Ohio 45342-0312 USA
Paul.McHale at Excelitas.com
www.excelitas.com

This email message and any attachments are confidential and proprietary to Excelitas Technologies Corp. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please inform the sender by replying to this email or sending a message to the sender and destroy the message and any attachments.
Thank you