How to suppress (hide) RunThrough window under Windows?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116847] How to suppress (hide) RunThrough window under Windows?
  • From: Michael <michael2718 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 04:34:51 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

When I use Run[] or RunThrough[] on my machine (running Windows Vista),
it flashes a command prompt on my window during the execution of the
command.   I've googled around quite a bit and have found a few things
to try, none of which have worked.  (Programs, scripts, etc. which are
supposed to suppress the console display)  I'm running some tests which
involve calling RunThrough hundreds of times and it makes my machine
unusable to have hundreds of console windows momentarily popping up
while I try to do something else while waiting for my tests to finish.
So, how do I hide these pop-up windows?

Thanks,

Michael