How to disable automatic clearing $MessageList after generating of output?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116857] How to disable automatic clearing $MessageList after generating of output?
  • From: Alexey <lehin.p at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 04:36:41 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

On the Documentation page for General::stop we read:

>  This message is generated after the indicated message
>has been generated for the third time in a single evaluation.

>  Messages are suppressed to prevent redundant or repetitive
>messages in long calculations.

My problem is that when working through MathLink I pass every point as
a single evaluation and so General::stop never appears.

It seems that the reason is that $MessageList is automatically cleared
after each line of output is generated. If we will clear $MessageList
after every Message, then General::stop never appears:

Unprotect[$MessageList]
Do[$MessageList = {}; 1/0, {10}]

Is there a way to disable automatic clearing of $MessageList after
generating of output?