Alternate Imaging Devices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116948] Alternate Imaging Devices
  • From: Mark McClure <mcmcclur at unca.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 06:07:12 -0500 (EST)

The output of the command $ImagingDevices on my MacBook Pro is
{"Built-in iSight"}.  If I connect a stand alone camera to the
computer via a USB port, iPhoto launches and has access to the camera,
but $ImagingDevices still contains just the Built-in iSight.  Is it
for Mathematica to access this other camera via CurrentImage or
ImageCapture?

Thanks,
Mark McClure