Is it possible to change TimeZone globally?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116942] Is it possible to change TimeZone globally?
  • From: Aslaksen <helmer.aslaksen at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 06:06:07 -0500 (EST)

Hi, I know I can manipulate TimeZone explicitly inside certain commands, but I would like to change it at the beginning of the notebook. But when I try that, it says Set::wrsym: Symbol TimeZone is Protected. I'm sure there are other people than me who do non-local astronomy and would like to be able to do this.

Thanks!

Helmer Aslaksen