Using the compiled libraries (dll) outside mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116947] Using the compiled libraries (dll) outside mathematica
  • From: Fonseca <public at fonseca.info>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 06:07:01 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Is there a way to easily use the libraries compiled by mathematica, in
another environment (I mean, not inside mathematica).

I toke the simple example from the help (the one that squares a
number), and compiled it to a dll. But I don't know how to call it's
function, from, for example, a vb.net code (that I would latter
transform into a xll code for integration into excel). Well, I know
how I would do it with a "standard" dll (one created by me, with plain
code), but with the mathematica generated one, I can't figure out the
data types, and if there are any dependencies, etc.

Thank you,
P. Fonseca