Alternative to DumpSave

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117006] Alternative to DumpSave
  • From: Thomas Münch <thomas.muench at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 05:48:51 -0500 (EST)

Thank you all for your replies.

I have tried the .wdx format, but could not get it to work. I have saved
my data as downvalues of variables ("indexed storage", e.g.
var["1"]=Something, var["2"]=SomethingElse), and not as direct
assignments. I could not find a way that exporting to wdx saved these
assignments.

Any tips on how to Export or Put to a wdx file properly?

So I went with Save instead of DumpSave. What surprised me: The
Save[]-ed file is SMALLER than the DumpSave[]-ed file!!! (96 MB vs. 107
MB). However, it takes much longer to load it back in with Get[] (15 s
vs. 2.5 s).

thomas