Notebook interface and Wolfram-Alpha

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117045] Notebook interface and Wolfram-Alpha
  • From: Didier laplot <didier.laplot at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 05:37:39 -0500 (EST)

David Park suggested setting CellInsertionPointCell->None and
ShowCellBracket->True (or False), but these settings do not get rid of
this small annoyance on my Mac version.
He was also kind enough to send me his PresentationStyle stylesheet
and when this stylesheet is applied to a notebook, indeed the "plus"
sign does not appear.
But I'm still looking for a way to suppress the "plus" sign in a
notebook in version 8 without having to resort to any particular
stylesheet. A global option setting in the system that would revert
the display to the old simple traditional notebook interface.

Thanks.