Re: MathematicaMark8 Benchmark Report for GPGPU, Compiled Code & Multi-Core Systems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117077] Re: MathematicaMark8 Benchmark Report for GPGPU, Compiled Code & Multi-Core Systems
  • From: Daniel Chisholm <dmc at danielchisholm.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 06:59:07 -0500 (EST)

I have not gotten around to it yet but I was thinking of submitting a
Mathematica Demo that consisted of running the built-in benchmark - i.e.
simply Needs["Benchmarking`"]; Benchmark[]".  My motivation is to have
something that can be used to evaluate expected Mathematica performance on
different hardware, so as to help me shop for a new computer.  Presumably I
would have to install Player on each machine I wanted to test; does anybody
know if it is possible to run Player from a USB stick directly, i.e. without
having to install it on a machine under test?

--
- Daniel
Fredericton, NB  Canada