Re: Notebook interface and Wolfram-Alpha

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117071] Re: Notebook interface and Wolfram-Alpha
  • From: Didier laplot <didier.laplot at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 06:58:02 -0500 (EST)

In fact, I can now see that while CellInsertionPointCell is set to
None in the global preferences, it is always set to ->
FEPrivate`FrontEndResource["FEExpressions", "CellInsertionMenu"] for
any new notebook, thus the annoying "plus" sign. It doesn't seem
possible to set this globally for any notebook, so I will try to  put
the CellInsertionPointCell -> None option in my ini.m file to see what
it does.
And also, the "plus" sign does not appear if I apply to the newly
created notebook one of the stylesheets I made in versions 6 or 7.