Re: Notebook interface and Wolfram-Alpha

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117112] Re: Notebook interface and Wolfram-Alpha
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 06:08:05 -0500 (EST)

Am 09.03.2011 12:58, schrieb Didier laplot:
> In fact, I can now see that while CellInsertionPointCell is set to
> None in the global preferences, it is always set to ->
> FEPrivate`FrontEndResource["FEExpressions", "CellInsertionMenu"] for
> any new notebook, thus the annoying "plus" sign. It doesn't seem
> possible to set this globally for any notebook, so I will try to  put
> the CellInsertionPointCell -> None option in my ini.m file to see what
> it does.

I think you would need to change the Notebook-Styledefinition in
$InstallationDirectory/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/StyleSheets/Core.nb which
most (all?) of the other style sheets do inherit from. This should make
that setting almost "global". On the other hand, you should really be
knowing what you do when you start to mess around with the files in
$InstallationDirectory...

hth,

albert