Re: Please add me to this group

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117100] Re: Please add me to this group
  • From: Michael Stern <nycstern at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 07:03:17 -0500 (EST)

You will probably get a lot of answers to this. In the simplest case,
save your mathematica notebook into the same directory where your excel
spreadsheet lives.

You can then use something like the following to load the entire workbook:

allData = Import[NotebookDirectory[] <> "data.xlsx", "Data"]

And can extract each column with something like

column1 = Transpose[allData[[1]]][[1]]

column2 = Transpose[allData[[1]]][[2]]

Cheers,

Michael