Re: Mathplayer on tablet device

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117061] Re: Mathplayer on tablet device
  • From: telefunkenvf14 <rgorka at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 06:56:14 -0500 (EST)

On Mar 8, 4:39 am, "W. Craig Carter" <ccar... at mit.edu> wrote:
> On 7 Mar,   2011, at 5:47 AM, telefunkenvf14 wrote:
>
> >> (1) Last year a student of mine ran Matheamtica 7 on a linux netbook. What
> > kind of tablet device do you have?
> > (2) The print to pdf functionality seems much improved in version 8.
> > Couldn't you print the documentation to pdf page sizes formatted for
> > your tablet device? (I know there's a script floating around for
> > printing all the documentation --- does anyone recall the exact
> > post?)
>
> Hello,
> The device is an ipad.  I thought about the pdf, but didn't go there for the reasons you point out.
>
> I'd like the mathplayer-like tablet-app is so that I make small modifications and evaluate while reading the docs---which I often do at my desktop or laptop.
>
> Thanks,  Craig

Another possible solution would be to use a remote connection of some
sort. (I'm not a Mac guy, so don't know what kind of remote
capabilities are built into the regular desktop OS)

Here's a free app that lets you connect to a Windows 7 desktop on your
iPad: "Remote Desktop Lite - RDP" By MochaSoft.
VMWare is also supposed to be coming out with an app:
http://www.thevarguy.com/2010/11/01/vmwares-new-ipad-app-slated-for-2011/

Of course you would need WiFi access and/or have 3G data to burn...

IMO, the iPad interface would be less than ideal for what you want to
do.

-RG