Set persistent default notebook window size and location

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117162] Set persistent default notebook window size and location
  • From: Didier laplot <didier.laplot at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 06:37:35 -0500 (EST)

Searching the Internet for 10 minutes this morning on how one would go
about setting a default window size (and possibly window location) for
newly created notebooks showed comments from users dating back to the
Windows 95 days and covering all versions up to the latest one. There
is no way to set this globally in the Option Inspector so that it
takes effect all the time and one wonders why this global context is
there at all in the Option Inspector. Maybe the settings in the
StyleSheet used for the new notebook always take precedence, I don't
know and I don't have the time to look into this. It was possible to
set this in the ini file in version 7, but it doesn't work in version
8 for some reason.
My question is: what is the up-to-date information on this issue ?

Many thanks.