Re: what's new in 8.0.1?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117150] Re: what's new in 8.0.1?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 06:14:57 -0500 (EST)

On 3/9/11 at 6:57 AM, murray at math.umass.edu (Murray Eisenberg) wrote:

>I just downloaded & installed Mathematica 8.0.1 under my Premier
>Service subscription.

>The e-mail announcing availability of this upgrade states, "more
>than 500 improvements, including feature, stability, and performance
>enhancements, as well as documentation updates."

>Does anybody know exactly where one can find a list of what's
>changed from 8.0.0 to 8.0.1?

I don't by any means have a complete list. But here is what I've
been able to determine so far

PiecewiseUniformDistribution --- an undocumented system symbol
has been deleted

EdgeLabelStyle
VertexLableStyle

are new documented symbols

On the Mac

the InputFormat MKV has been deleted
the ExportFormat WMF has been deleted

format CDF has been added as a new import/export format. I
haven't yet taken time to learn what these formats actually are.