My NCAA tournament brackets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117374] My NCAA tournament brackets
  • From: Mark McClure <mcmcclur at unca.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 06:29:28 -0500 (EST)

I've posted my NCAA brackets here:
http://facstaff.unca.edu/mcmcclur/blog/NCAATourneyWithRW.html

Yes, this is Mathematica related.  Mathematica was used to
  * scrape results of all division 1 games off of the web,
  * massage that data into a matrix whose eigenstructure is
     relevant to team rankings, and
  * format the results into a binary tree representing the tournament.

It's really great fun!

Mark McClure