Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117348] Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 06:24:41 -0500 (EST)

In article <ilnh9v$ob3$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Roman <rschmied at gmail.com>
wrote:

> AES,
> mine is taking 18 seconds as well, and I have a MacBook as well. Maybe
> a Mac hardware thing?

Thanks for confirmation.

For the record, I'm absolutely not pushing any agenda here -- just
curious.  Macs and Mathematica do many things so blazingly fast it's
near unbelievable.  And this seems like a relatively simple, smooth
integral using only simple, smooth, commonplace functions.  So why does
evaluating it take so long?