Re: Using the compiled libraries (dll) outside mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117370] Re: Using the compiled libraries (dll) outside mathematica
  • From: Joel Klein <jfklein at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 06:28:43 -0500 (EST)

On 3/15/2011 6:07 AM, DC wrote:
> Hello Joel, thanks for your detailed explanation.
> I think the question many people would like to ask is "are we able to do that (libraries intended to be used standalone) for any function, not just the ones we can compile and get a C form for ?".
> Many thanks.

You can go standalone only with compiled functions that do not require
the Mathematica evaluator.

See the section "External Calls" in the "Mathematica Compiler" tutorial
(paste Compile/tutorial/Overview into the Documentation Center
search/URL field) for complete information.

For small functions, you can eyeball the output from CompilePrint:

cf = Compile[x, x^2]
Needs["CompiledFunctionTools`"]
CompilePrint[cf]

If the output doesn't mention MainEvaluate, you're clear to take it
standalone.

--
Joel Klein
Kernel Developer, Wolfram Research, Inc.