Re: A bug in Partition?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117390] Re: A bug in Partition?
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 06:30:51 -0500 (EST)

Alexey,

As far as I can see your Partition  call syntax does not correspond to
any of the listed possibilities. On the position of -1 a list
containing the intended position for the start of the list and the
intended position of the end of the list should be provided. Missing
this, I assume Mathematica will assume you both want them at the end
of their respective sublists. In this case all the constraints
together lead to a logical impossibility and i is dropped. Try
Partition[{a, b, c, d, e, f, g, i}, 3, 3, {-1, 1}, x] instead.

Cheers -- Sjoerd